Sunday, February 21, 2010

On the Inside

*sigh*

I've started numerous blog posts in the last few weeks but they don't get finished before I get pulled away for some reason or another. With 5 kids, one of which is a newborn, I shouldn't be too surprised. There goes one New Year's non-resolution. Oh wait, the post I had intended to share here on that was never finished or posted so none of my readers (that have probably stopped reading and have considered calling the police to check on me) will understand the reference, it's just in my head. Like soooooo many other things. At the moment I'm typing one-handed.

I'm posting to try and get my mojo back. If you're looking for something profound, this post will let you down. Mindless entertainment and time killer? Here you go.

Today, while bathing the two little ones (ages 2 years and 8 weeks, how did THAT happen?) I was interrupted by an 8 year old that thought my presence in resolving an issue with her younger sister was immediately required. The following conversation transpired.

L: (from outside the closed bathroom door) Mommy, come now, I need you!

Me: What's wrong?

L: (Hysterically) We need you!

Me: Is everything ok?

L: NO!

Me: Is someone hurt?

L: YES! (crying)

Me: Are they dying?

L: (disappointed) No.

Me: Are they breathing?

L: (quieter) Yes.

Me: Are they bleeding?

L: (Loudly and with tears) I'm bleeding on the inside! (sob)

Oh, she's good. She's really, really good.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha.... lavinia totally WOULD say that. such the drama queen. ps we should hang out soon.

    -lauren w

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally original, that one.

    I'm going to e-mail you about hanging out.

    ReplyDelete