Sunday, December 20, 2009

WIP weekend, still sick


My WIPs greatly slowed down this week, I concentrated on one main project: getting better. Loads of fun that is and if it weren't for the fact that I felt so miserable and my head felt like it was going to explode every time I tried to lift it I would feel terribly unproductive. As I emerge from the snot fog the inkling that I've wasted an entire week laying on my couch blowing through rolls and rolls of TP is starting to be impressed on me. Oh well, it is the last week before Christmas, must wash my hands and get on with it.

So the WIPs I have to share are primarily those of others and there have been a few busy bees around me.

O's been working like crazy, still knitting with pick-up sticks (yes, as in the game) and doing tiny clothing for favorite dolls and stuffed animals. She's enjoyed it just as much as the recipients will love getting them. Not much one to follow a pattern (I have NO idea where she gets that from!), all of these are her own design.

Sorry about the long shadows, the day got away from me before I got to take these in better lighting. Tiny sweater and pants for a tiny stuffed animal. Just need the ends woven in (again, procrastinating on weaving ends in? WHERE did she get that from?)

This is a bag knit with some sock yarn.

I think this is going to be a tiny dress (sock yarn on pick-up-sticks) for a tiny fairy but she just cast on when I asked her to bring them outside for a pic so I'm not real sure.

And a hat ornament for a friend, also knit on pick-up sticks, notice how she coordinated the colors of the sticks with the yarn?

O with all her WIPs for now. She'll finish a bunch of these in the next day or two and start some new ones for sure. She's a busy little elf.

L's FO really, a yarn wreath ornament for a friend. She'll be making several more of these this week including a big one for our front door! Her knitting WIP is still the pink bamboo baby hat, I expect that to continue for a good long while, ha!

H made a similar yarn wreath with some fun yarn which was, well, fun! Also a gift for a friend she did great and will be joining L in making a few more this week.

So this isn't a WIP any more, more of a FO. These are even, one was just more slouched than the other on my model. I need to make a bunch more of these, my girls want some for themselves as well and I think I may want a pair too though not pink. I had just enough of the darker pink (alpaca/silk blend) to finish the second leg and the exact left-overs were just enough to make a bow on them to pack up to send to the special little girl I hope enjoys her leg-warmers and tutu set. I'll be finishing the tutu tonight while we watch The Muppets' Christmas Carol.

This WIP is for V, a wool baby gown. The top is a wool blend, I'm not happy with the sleeves so I'll be frogging those and redoing them. The shoulders lace up with pink ribbon, there is a large satin ribbon to go between the top and bottom, ribbon for the eyelets in the ruffle of the skirt to make a drawstring and if I get around to it, pink flowers to embroider along the skirt. The matching hat and bloomers are already done and the booties should be a quick knit.

Obviously not a WIP yet but likely my next one, just simple, plain longies for V. Tomorrow I'll also be casting on for an iPhone case for a friend's Christmas gift but decided I didn't have any yarn that would really work for her. That sounds impossible considering my stash.

WIP of a different sort, the living room. The yellow base is finished and waiting the glaze to come and red trim but we got slowed down with being sick. Everybody pitched in to help.


Lots more to come, hope you're enjoying your Christmas crafting and other fun projects you've got going on!

6 comments:

  1. I've come here through the HG board and wanted to say, "hi"! I love seeing your WIP. Those wreaths are so darling and if you'd be interested in selling a few, I'd be interested in buying some for next year. I have 5 daughters and I am trying to buy them an ornament a year. No rush!

    May you and your family have a blessed Christmas!
    ♥ Tamara ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara, thank you very much! Those wreaths are actually very easy to make, I linked to a tutorial on another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica!
    I must be sleep deprived because I'm not finding the link...hehe! My little one had me up a lot, as usual. You'd think after #5 that I'd have figured it all out to get some sleep at night, but I am constantly reminded that certain things they have total control...LOL! I'll check back and hopefully I can find that link.

    ...and yes, 5 girls is a special treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, I totally understand!

    Here's the post where I linked it: http://everydayrebel.blogspot.com/2009/12/if-i-were-up-for-it.html and here is the link: http://vegancraftastic.blogspot.com/2009/12/fun-and-easy-yarn-wreaths.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee!!! I found it :) Thank you. Enjoy your Christmas and I truly hope that you will be able to enjoy some foods. I was not able to hardly eat anything last Christmas being pregnant and I can't believe how much better I feel this Christmas -- even being sleep deprived.

    ReplyDelete